Bridge scholars live together in a shared residential complex one block from campus (Unit 3, 2400 Durant Avenue). Professional and student staff live on-site and provide enriching programs and activities to facilitate a strong sense of community among Bridge scholars.
Scholars may indicate their housing preferences via the Enrollment Form. Enrollment Forms for Bridge 2016 is due May 1, 2016.
Room and Floor Information
Most Bridge scholars live on co-ed floors that range from 30-50 students per floor. Bathrooms are co-ed as well, but all showers and toilets are designed as individual stalls to allow for privacy. One floor is set aside as an all-female floor, and a second floor is designated as a co-ed floor with single-sex bathrooms.
Bridge provides appropriate room assignments for students with disabilities and chronic conditions, as well as for student parents.
Bridge scholars who want to live together should list each other as preferred roommates on their Enrollment Form. We will make every effort to match mutually requested roommates; however, matches are not guaranteed.
Amenities & Services
Bridge rooms are double and/or triple occupancy, and include the following for each occupant:
• A single bed 80" x 36" with box spring, mattress and pad, pillow, linens and a light blanket
• Desk, chair, chest of drawers, and closet/wardrobe
• Mirror, wall light, and reading lamp
• Carpeted floors and a shared wastebasket
The general residence hall facilities include:
• On-site dining commons (Café 3)
• On-site computing center with a one-time printing credit of $5
• Laundry facilities
• Study lounges and game/TV room
• In-room ethernet and wireless connections
• Kitchenette, refrigerator, microwave, sink
• Daily custodial services in common areas
• Mail and package services
• 24-hour security programs
• Non-smoking rooms and buildings
Service hours for the Unit 3 Administrative Office are 7am-11pm, seven days a week.
See also What to Bring
Scholars requiring food accommodations for health, allergy or religious reasons should speak with the Café 3 Manager to make suitable arrangements. Those who observe Ramadan may pick up take-away meals on days when Café 3 closes before sunset.
The Bridge meal plan includes 16 meals and 30 points each week. Bridge scholars eat the majority of meals in Café 3, but points may also be used at campus restaurants. Café 3 is open seven days a week for breakfast from 7-9am, lunch from 11am-2pm, and dinner from 5-8pm (except on 6/30, 7/6, 7/9, 7/13 and 7/16, when dinner is 6:45-8pm).
Each week begins with Friday breakfast and ends with Thursday dinner. Any remaining meals or points not used by Thursday dinner are forfeited and do not carry over to future weeks.
Scholars may purchase an all-summer to-go meal box for $3 and an all-summer to go drink mug for $1.