How to get the most from your Peer Consultations
Working with a peer consultant can give you added insights and strategies tailored to your needs. Expect not only to learn new strategies, techniques and tools, but also to try them out during the session, if possible. You can also expect to develop, in collaboration with the peer, an action plan for how to achieve success, balance or whatever goal you have identified, or an effective referral to where you can get assistance to achieve your goals.
What you can expect from a peer consultation:
• Knowledge and advice specific to the Berkeley context from an upperclassman
• Useful strategies, techniques and tools
• Feedback on any of your schedules and plans
• Information about resources that can enhance your university experience and success
• Input, guidance and tools for learning and studying
• A sympathetic ear!
Where your appointment will be:
Meet with your Study Strategies Peer at our “Study Strategies Drop-In” space in the Chavez Atrium, located next to SLC Writing Drop-In. Each peer will be wearing a nametag! You can either work at the drop-in table or move to another table in the Atrium, if you wish.
What to bring:
Besides an open mind, any relevant materials (i.e., schedules, calendars, course syllabi, assignments, etc.) and/or class materials (i.e., lecture notes, study guides, etc.). The more you bring to show the peer, the more help you can get from the session!