The Study Groups are a virtual collaborative space for students to work together on worksheets and discuss material for specific classes in small, inclusive group environments. The Study Group Facilitator facilitates these discussions as well as summarizes key concepts, reviews for the lecture exams, and addresses individual questions during office hours.
The Spring 2020 Study Groups are for Math 53 Section 002 (Gomez), Math 54 Section 001 (Lin), Math 55, and Stat 20 (both sections).
For the rest of the Spring 2020 semester, all study groups will be online through Zoom, and will continue to the end of instruction. Below are the specific days and times:
- Math 53 Section 002 (Gomez): TuTh 2-3
- Math 54 Section 001 (Lin): MW 12-1
- Math 55: TuTh 1-2
- Stat 20 (both sections): MW 11-12
How to Sign Up
Please fill out one of the following short Google Forms. You will need to re-submit the form each session:
- Math 53 Section 002 (Gomez) [TuTh 2-3]: https://bit.ly/M53SGSignIn
- Math 54 Section 001 (Lin) [MW 12-1]: https://bit.ly/M54SGSignIn
- Math 55: TuTh 1-2 [TuTh 1-2]: https://bit.ly/M55SGSignIn
- Stat 20 (both sections) [MW 1-2]: https://bit.ly/S20SGSignIn
After you fill out the form, you should receive its Zoom Meeting url, both on the following page and as an e-mail. Please follow that link! Once you enter the room, please open the “Participants” window and the “Chat” window.
Please read our Student User Guide to Zoom to make sure you have configured your settings to optimize your experience. http://bit.ly/MSZoomGuide
Study group attendance is flexible and allows students to attend at any point during the semester. Of course, more is gained from consistent attendance! Just attend any session and sign-in on the appropriate form.