Education 97/197, section 12
Students in Craft of Facilitating will...
- explore the process of course design.
- learn practical techniques for creating a syllabus and lesson plans.
- consider what concepts like authority, motivation and accountability mean in a peer-led classroom.
- develop a variety of approaches to promoting student engagement and participation.
- practice and hone presentation and facilitation skills.
- provide and receive honest, supportive, constructive feedback.
The Craft of Facilitating is a 2- or 3-unit p/np course. Students planning a course and preparing to facilitate earn 2 units. Students who are concurrently facilitating a course receive an additional unit for the time they are spending conducting their own class, and receive 3 units for Craft of Facilitating. The course can be used towards the Minor in Education Field Studies requirement and has no prerequisites.
Day, Time, and Location:
The Craft of Facilitating will be held on Wednesdays from 2 to 4 pm, in room tba Chavez Student Center.
For more information or to request enrollment e-mail UCFTR Director Liz Keithley, firstname.lastname@example.org