Terms and Conditions
In order to participate in Bridge, scholars must agree to the following terms and conditions, applicable for the duration of the six-week program:
1. Scholars must arrive for Bridge by Friday, June 23, 2017 and stay for the duration of the program through Friday, August 5, 2017.
2. Bridge is a full-time, academic residential program, and scholars are required to attend all lectures, discussions, workshops, tutoring, seminars and activities scheduled for them as a Bridge scholar.
3. The Bridge program staff will determine scholars' summer course placement and advise scholars regarding their selection of courses for fall and spring semesters of their freshman year.
4. The Bridge program staff will monitor scholars' courses and related activities to assist them in meeting the requirements of the program.
5. Scholars must live in the residence halls designated for Bridge scholars.
6. Scholars may not take a reduced course load during Bridge, nor take additional summer courses including those offered through Freshman Edge and Summer Sessions.
7. Scholars may not hold a paid or unpaid job or internship.
8. Scholars may not participate concurrently in other summer programs, such as Compass Summer Program or Posse Scholars Summer Program.
Cancellation before Arrival
Scholars invited to Bridge may request to cancel their enrollment through May 20 with no cancellation fee, and after May 20 with a fee.
Withdrawal after Arrival
No refunds will be given for withdrawal, dismissal, or leave of absence after the first day of Bridge. Scholars will be assessed a $400 cancellation fee regardless of reason, and any housing, dining, textbook, and Class Pass fees incurred. Any financial aid received will be cancelled, and scholars will be personally responsible for payment of fees no later than August 15, 2017.