Move-in occurs at 2400 Durant Avenue, aka Unit 3. Scholars must bring a photo ID to check-in, at which time they receive their room key and their room assignment.
International scholars: as early as Sunday, June 19
Scholar athletes: Tuesday, June 21 from 7-8am
All other scholars: Wednesday, June 22 from 7-8am
Early move-in is available as follows:
• International scholars: Sunday, June 19 ($25 per day)
• Scholar athletes: Monday, June 20 ($25 for Monday night)
• All other scholars: Tuesday, June 21 (variable rates)
Park at the Underhill Parking Structure, two blocks from Unit 3. Purchase a $10 daily permit, and place it on the car dashboard along with a conference parking permit to avoid receiving a parking ticket. Conference rate only applicable on Tuesday and Wednesday, June 21-22.
We strongly recommend parking first and walking to check-in. Once you have your room key, you can borrow one of our carts to shuttle your belongings.
Bridge Orientation Week occurs from June 24-28 and includes the following components:
• A 1.5 day CalSO program (register for the June 22-23 CalSO session by May 15) - see note below**
• Distribution of summer course schedules and textbooks
• Academic advising around fall course schedules
• Faculty and student panels
• Financial aid and budgeting workshops
• Networking sessions with scholars and campus staff
• Personal wellness presentations
Detailed orientation schedules for Bridge scholars and their parents/guests will be posted in May 2016.
How to register for CalSO
• Read through the CalSO website
• Log in at the bottom of that page under the "Sign me up" section
• Complete the Personal Information and Questionnaire pages
• Log out of the website
• Log back into the CalSO website the next business day
• The June 22-23 session should be available; register for the session and any other desired options
• Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-642-4970 if you have questions
What to Bring
• 8-digit student ID number
• CalNet log-in and passphrase
• Passport, driver's license, or state-issued identification card
• Social security number
• ATM and/or bank card
• Health insurance card
• Important medical documents (e.g. prescriptions, immunization history, etc.)
Any documents you have been asked to submit in person, e.g. proof of citizenship, disability documentation, etc.
For your room
• Bed sheets (extra-long twin)
• Towels, shower basket, shower shoes, toiletries
• Hangers, iron, laundry basket, detergent
• Alarm clock
• Personal decorations
Scholars may not bring mini-fridges, microwaves, cooking equipment, candles, halogen lamps, pets, weapons, or illegal drugs. Communal refrigerators and microwaves are available.
Tip: Pack only what you need for six weeks, as storage space after Bridge is not readily available.
From Highway 24 (East), take the Berkeley Exit, which turns into Tunnel Road/Ashby Avenue. Drive west on Ashby, turn right on College Avenue, drive one mile to Channing Way, turn left, drive ½ block to the Underhill Parking Structure.
From the Oakland and San Francisco Airports, take BART to the Downtown Berkeley station ($8.50 from Oakland, $9.25 from San Francisco). Then, take AC Transit bus #51B eastbound to Durant/Dana ($2.10).
From the Emeryville Amtrak station, walk 6 blocks east on Powell to San Pablo/Stanford, take the AC Transit bus #72/72M northbound to University/San Pablo, then transfer to the #51B eastbound to Durant/Dana ($2.10 per bus).
Take Greyhound to Oakland at San Pablo/21st. Walk 1 block to San Pablo/W. Grand, take the AC Transit bus #72/72M/72R northbound to University/San Pablo, then transfer to the #51B eastbound to Durant/Dana ($2.10 per bus).
Register for the CalSO Golden Bear Express bus program for Southern California residents.
Scholars may begin moving out as early as 5pm on August 4, and must vacate the residence halls by August 5 at 12pm.
Post-Bridge storage is available for scholars who live more than 200 miles from Berkeley (two box maximum). Post-Bridge housing is available for international scholars.