Thinking about designing & facilitating a class for next semester?
Wondering how to start a student-facilitated course?
Attend a StartUp Workshop!
Designing, proposing and facilitating a 98/198 course for your peers is exhilarating, intellectually and personally challenging, and vastly rewarding. These 90-minute workshops provide an overview of the campus process and requirements for starting a student-facilitated 98/198 course. We'll also wade into the topics of courses design, syllabus creation and developing your pedagogical approach. Each course idea is unique, so individual follow-up appointments are also available and encouraged.
We'll address procedural and pedagogical matters such as:
- Requirements for starting a student-facilitated course,
including campus policies and deadlines
- Elements of sound course design
- Identifying a faculty sponsor
- Completing the Course Proposal packet
- Writing a syllabus
- Preparing for your role as facilitator
- Resources and funding available to you for your course
- Reserving a room, obtaining CCNs and other logistics
- Publicizing your course and managing enrollment
- Strategies for maximizing student egagement in your course
Fall 2016 Schedule:
Mon. 9/26, 12-1:30pm
Tues., 9/27, 2-3:30pm
Mon. 10/10, 12-1:30pm **FULL**
Tues., 10/11, 2-3:30pm**FULL**
Mon. 10/24, 12-1:30pm **FULL**
Tues., 10/25, 2-3:30pm **FULL**
Wed., 10/26, 11am-12:30pm
Tues., 11/1, 2-3:30pm
Thurs., 11/3, 9:30-11am
Use the link below to register:
Can't make it to a workshop or have other questions?
Appointments are also available for both individuals and teams of facilitators. To schedule an appointment, or arrange a workshop for your department or student group, e-mail
Elizabeth Keithley in the UCFTR office at firstname.lastname@example.org.