Wondering how to start a student-facilitated course?
Attend a StartUp Workshop!
Designing, proposing and facilitating a 98/198 course for your peers is exhilarating, intellectually and personally challenging, and vastly rewarding. These 90-minute workshops provide an overview of the campus process and requirements for starting a student-facilitated 98/198 course. We'll also wade into the topics of courses design, syllabus creation and developing your pedagogical approach. Each course idea is unique, so individual follow-up appointments are also available and encouraged.
We'll address procedural and pedagogical matters such as:
- Requirements for starting a student-facilitated course,
including campus policies and deadlines
- Elements of sound course design
- Identifying a faculty sponsor
- Completing the Course Proposal packet
- Writing a syllabus
- Preparing for your role as facilitator
- Resources and funding available to you for your course
- Reserving a room, obtaining CCNs and other logistics
- Publicizing your course and managing enrollment
- Strategies for maximizing student egagement in your course