Greetings DeCal facilitators,
We hope that this message finds you well and that you are enjoying your summer!
We’re writing to provide updates about our final training workshop dates this summer and with reminders about upcoming DeCal deadlines. We also have some information about the process after you submit your proposal materials to your department sponsor for approval.
See below for more information about our upcoming services and how to finish up the final steps of your DeCal proposal process!
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, and we invite you to set up a 1:1 Consultation appointment if you would like more intnsive support.
We wish you all the best in your DeCal proposal process and hope to see you at one of our training workshops soon!
Jee Soo Kang
SLC UCFTR Team
Summer 2023 Training Workshops
We are thrilled to announce additions to our schedule of Summer 2023 Training Workshops!
Please note that the last day for first-time facilitators to complete training for Fall 2023 facilitation is July 11, 2023. Take advantage of these final opportunities to attend one of our workshops and ensure that you are set to facilitate your DeCal in Fall 2023.
- Wednesday, June 28, 2023 || 5 - 6 pm || Via Zoom
- Thursday, July 6, 2023 || 4 - 5 pm || Via Zoom
- Monday, July 10, 2023 || 5 - 6 pm || Via Zoom
- Tuesday, July 11, 2023 || 1 - 2 PM || Via Zoom
- Monday, June 26, 2023 || 11 am - 12:30 pm || Via Zoom
- Wednesday, July 7, 2023 || 1 - 2:30 PM || Via Zoom
Submission Processes for Fall 2023 DeCal Proposals
- Submit your DeCal proposal materials to your department sponsor by their deadline. Check out UCFTR’s Department-Specific DeCal Information sheet to get the details on your department.
- Once you receive approval from your department sponsor, submit to the Academic Senate by Tuesday, July 11, 2023 via this Google Form. Some departments will send to the Senate directly on your behalf. We recommend inquiring with your department sponsor about their process.
- The Senate will review your proposal between mid-July to mid-August and will reach out to you if they have any questions or suggestions for edits. If you do not hear back from the Senate by mid-August, you can assume that your course is approved.
- While the Senate is reviewing your proposal, your department sponsor will support you in scheduling the course and securing a classroom.
- Starting in mid-August, the DeCal Website will open for Fall 2023 DeCal submissions. Review the “Submitting Your Course to the DeCal Website” Guide to learn how to list your course on the DeCal Website Course Catalog.