To our friends, supporters, students, and alumni
For over 45 years, the Student Learning Center has served as a space for academic transformation. The 170,000+ undergraduates whom we have served have brought out the best of us—fortifying our commitment to service, strengthening our pedagogy, and enriching our core values.
They, in turn, have been transformed by us! We invite you to hear some of their stories of transformation here.
We hope you will seize this moment and make a donation to support our work. Your generosity is vital to our ability to continue providing high-touch, high-quality academic support service to over 10,000 undergraduates per year. Moreover, it will help ensure our mission to support educational access and equity for all Cal students.
Want to know how we stretch your dollar to make it go a long way?
- $16 = One Hour of Individual Tutoring
- $120 = One 2-Hour Study Group Session for up to 90 students
- $1,000 = One 3-Hour Exam Review for up to 250 students
- $6,500 = One Adjunct Course for up to 100 students
Interested in supporting a specific SLC initiative?
- $2,000 = Author speaking fees and 20 copies of one LEP Global Book Club feature read.
- $2,500 = Stipend for one Research Associate to conduct original from start to finish over the course of two semesters.
- $5,000 = Faculty honoraria and stipends for 10 undergraduate facilitators of #FacultyasWriters Speaker Series, a student-facilitated speaking series that allows undergraduates to engage with Cal faculty across the disciplines.
- $30,000 = Chemistry 32, a 2-unit preparatory course to college-level Chemistry. Designed to prepare students for the rigor of first-year chemistry, Chemistry 32 serves as an entry point into STEM-based majors for students who were not exposed to rigorous science instruction in high school.
- $50,000 = Ten $5,000 scholarships for middle-income students to attend Summer Bridge, expanding access points to this transformative summer transition program for entering Cal undergraduates.