Academic Coaching on Strategic Learning and Studying Practices
Welcome back to campus, Golden Bears! Are you looking for tools and guidance to take your learning to the next level? Check out our coaching topics below and complete this form to get started.
- Time- & Self-Management for Academic Success
- Understanding the Demands & Expectations of Cal
- Effective Strategies for In-Person & Virtual Learning
- Strategic Reading, Writing, & Note-Taking Across the Curriculum
- Rediscovering Wellness as a Pathway to Personal & Academic Empowerment
- Navigating Stress & Anxiety in a Fast-Paced Learning Environment
- Reflective Practice for Personal Growth & Academic Satisfaction
Seminars will return in Fall 2022.
Seminars offered by the Strategic Learning Program are intended to help students learn about the process of learning and understand how they learn best, given their own unique approach to learning. Although the specific focus may vary, seminars generally focus on study strategies, skills and practices, campus resources, and non-cognitive aspects of learning, such as the role of emotions, and how to cultivate resilience and a growth mindset. Students in seminars are also encouraged to sign up for sessions with a Strategic Learning Coach to receive guidance in putting into practice what they are learning in the seminar. Please check back here regularly for updates on current offerings.
Workshops will return in Fall 2022.
Through Strategic Learning Program workshops, students learn specific study strategies and practices they can implement to help them achieve academic success at Cal. Workshop topics include, but are not limited to: time-management, effective reading and note-taking strategies, blue-printing and exam preparation. Please check back regularly for details on upcoming workshops or see our announcements page.