In order to safeguard the health and safety of all members of the SLC community, it is important that we all follow safety protocols and support one another in adherence to these recommended guidelines. All students, staff, and community members are asked to abide by the following guidelines when inside the SLC.
Thank you for partnering with us to #StayWellTogether!
Proper use of masks is critical in reducing the spread of COVID-19. In order to use SLC spaces, we ask that you remain masked at all times according to our recommendations below. Community members who don't meet our recommendations may be asked to make adjustments or return to our space at another time.You are recommended to wear masks that:
- Provide full coverage of nose and mouth
- Fit snugly over nose and under chin
- Offer multi-layered protection
- Are made of tightly woven material
- Provide no chin or nose coverage
- Have a loose fit
- Are made with vents
- Are made with tulle or mesh-like material
- Please also refrain from wearing non-mask coverings, such as scarves or bandanas
Please sanitize your hands and workspace upon arrival.
We recommend wiping down your seat and tabletop before and after use. Disinfecting wipes, hand sanitizer, and tissues are freely available for your use. If you are in one of our Drop-In service programs, please see the program sign-in desk or program Ambassador to find these supplies.
When washing your hands or using hand sanitizer, we recommend scrubbing your hands, including your nails, wrist, and between your fingers, for at least 20 seconds. Let the sanitizer dry before handling any high-contact surfaces such as door handles or desks.
Please maintain social distancing as much as is feasible.
Our Atrium and classroom seating arrangements are set up to help maximize distance between individuals. Please observe the following practices when using our stationary tables or node chairs:
- Stationary Tables: To help maintain social distancing, please do not move the stationary tables (the rectangular and square white tables) or their seating arrangements. Please place your belongings underneath your seat to keep our walkways clear.
- Node Chairs: Feel free to move the rolling node chairs (individual desks with wheels) to help ensure the 6 feet recommended social distancing whenever feasible. Please place your belongings underneath your seat to keep our walkways clear and maintain accessibility and mobility within our node chair areas.
Food and Drink
Please step outside to eat and drink.
Eating and drinking are not currently permitted in SLC service spaces. We encourage you to take regular breaks by stepping outside to hydrate or nourish yourself.
Air filters have been stationed throughout the SLC Atrium and our classrooms to promote circulation of clean air. Inside classrooms, we recommend propping open the doors and windows to maximize ventilation.
If you are currently feeling unwell, including if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay at home until you are feeling better. We have a range of virtual services available to support your learning. Please click here to see a full list of our programs and the virtual services they offer.