By actively engaging students in the learning process, drop-in services support Cal undergraduates in enhancing their understanding of science coursework. By collaborating with each other and peer tutors who have successfully completed the class, students clarify concepts, hone their problem-solving skills, and bolster their confidence with the material. We welcome any and all questions related to course lectures and texts, labs, homework problems, and practice exams. In drop-in, students will foster connections not only with science concepts, but with a supportive community in which they can thrive as learners.
Drop-in support is available for the following courses:
- Biology 1A/1AL
- Chemistry 1A/1AL, 3A/3AL, 3B/3BL, 32
- Molecular & Cell Biology 102
- Physics 8A, 8B
Please note that service offerings may vary by semester.
Summer 2021 services begin Wednesday, June 23rd.
General service hours during the regular academic year are 10AM-4PM (PT) Monday through Thursday, and Friday 10AM-2PM (PT), beginning the third week of instruction. Hours may vary during Summer Sessions. To view course-specific schedules, please visit our live weekly drop-in schedule.
How to Visit Virtual Drop-in
Drop-in services are held via Zoom. No prior sign-up is required! To attend a virtual drop-in session, complete the following steps:
- For an optimal experience, ensure you are in a quiet location and connected to a reliable WiFi network.
- Download Desktop Client for Zoom and login via SSO (Activate Licensed Account through Calnet).
- Fill out the drop-in sign-in form. On the confirmation page, you will see a Zoom meeting link.
- Click the link to join our virtual drop-in space. Once you have entered, send a chat message to our drop-in ambassador (host) with your name and the course you are seeking services for.
- The drop-in ambassador will then add you to a breakout room for your specific course.