Study hubs provide students the opportunity to review course material and hone their problem solving skills with fellow classmates on a weekly basis. In this ambassador-facilitated space, students collaborate with one another to tackle SLC study group worksheets and drop-in problem sets. By discussing course concepts and solving problems with peers, students strengthen their ability to engage in effective group work. Study hubs support students in consistently reviewing course material while building their support network throughout the semester.
Study hubs are held on a weekly basis at the times listed on the live schedule.
How to Join Study Hub
Study hub is held via Zoom. No prior sign-up is required! To attend session, complete the following steps:
- For an optimal experience, ensure you are in a quiet location and connected to a reliable WiFi network.
- Download (link is external) Desktop Client for Zoom and login (link is external) via SSO (Activate Licensed Account through Calnet).
- Fill out the study hub sign-in form for your course, which you can access here. On the confirmation page, you will see a Zoom meeting link.
- Click the link to join the virtual study hub space. You will be greeted by a science program ambassador.
- The ambassador will then add you to a breakout room based on your chosen focus for the session.