Math 98/198 and Stat 98/198 are 1-unit courses taken in conjunction with one of the following lecture courses: Math 1AB, 10AB, 16AB, 32, 53, or 54, or Stat 134. The Adjunct courses explore key study and test-taking strategies, and problem solving techniques specific to the lecture they are linked to. We review the conceptual framework of the material covered in lecture and give you time to work on and learn from problems of varying difficulty in order to achieve mastery.
The first three weeks of Fall 2021, Aug 25 - Sept 10, adjunct courses will be taught virtually, through Zoom. Starting in the week of Sept 13, the adjunct courses will transition to being taught in-person, pending campus and public health policies.
Fall 2021 Adjunct Courses
Click here for an overview of all of our Fall 2021 Adjunct Courses.
How to Sign Up:
We require prospective students to attend the first meeting of adjunct, and also try out the adjunct for the first three weeks of the semester before formally enrolling, so students can evaluate whether the adjunct will be beneficial to them and whether they have the ability to engage fully with the course. We value students committed to working consistently at the pace that we set, a pace designed to ensure students keep up with the associated lecture course and engage in the learning process. All sections of adjunct include the following assignments required to enroll, due within the first three weeks of class:
- Completing and correcting any mistakes on an entrance assessment given in the first week of adjunct. This allows students to assess their understanding of prerequisite material. The specific score received on this assessment is less important than students’ willingness to engage in the corrections process and learn from mistakes.
- Completing and correcting any mistakes on regularly assigned quizzes. These allow students to assess their understanding of current course material, and promote keeping up with the current material. Regularly scheduled quizzes will continue throughout the adjunct course.
- Attending all adjunct sections or communicating with course instructors when extenuating circumstances arise. Students will be expected to make up the work in a meaningful way, the specifics of which vary by adjunct. Attendance and making up missed days with meaningful work will continue to be required throughout the adjunct course.
Submitting the Adjunct Intake Form by the deadline set by each adjunct (within the first two weeks of classes).
Enrollment information is distributed in Week 3 to students who complete all of the above requirements. More specific requirements, as well as contact information for each instruction, will be available in the course-specific syllabi. These syllabi will be available below by 8:00am Friday, 8/20.
- Math 1A (Haiman): Sign-Up Form; Syllabus (MWF 2-3pm) [First meeting of the 2-3 MWF adjunct is on Friday, Aug. 27; first meeting of the TuTh 11-12:30 adjunct is on Tuesday, Aug. 31.]
- Math 1A (Christ): Sign-Up Form; Syllabus
- Math 1B (Paulin): Sign-Up Form; Syllabus
- Math 10A (Talaska): Sign-Up Form; Syllabus
- Math 32 (Heller): Sign-Up Form; Syllabus
- Math 54 (Nadler): Sign-Up Form; Syllabus
- Math 54 (Wehrheim): Sign-Up Form; Syllabus
- Stat 134 (Lucas): Information available soon