Checklist for Research Papers
- Do I have a sufficient number of sources?
- Are a significant number of my sources critical sources (e.g., from academic journals)?
- Are my sources integrated smoothly into the paper?
- Is there a dialogue between my own analysis of the text and the research I'm including?
- Is my own scholarly opinion strongly present in the research paper, rather than the paper reading like a review of the opinions of other scholars?
- Have I cited all sources I draw from?
- If my paper is a revision, have I considered the changes I want to make, the comments of my peers, and the instructor's comments towards the end of significantly improving on the previous version of this paper?
Student Learning Center, University of California, Berkeley
© 2002 UC Regents
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.