Thank you for your interest in joining the SLC Math & Statistics Program! Please expand below to explore opportunities available and submit an application to join us today.
Math and Statistics Tutoring Specifics
We currently do not have any open positions. Please check back later in the Fall 2021 semester for information on our Spring 2021 tutor positions!
Fall 2021 Courses Available
- Math 32
- Math 1AB, 16AB
- Math 10A
- Math 53, 54, 55
- Stat 2, 20, 131
- Stat 134
Qualifications, Responsibilities, and Requirements
Minimum Qualifications for Fall 2021 Tutors:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- No more than two “Incomplete” grades
- Not on academic probation
- Completion of first year calculus at the Math 1 or 10 level (or the equivalent: AP, IB, etc.) with at least a B (or a P for courses taken in Spring 2020, Fall 2020, or Spring 2021) by the start of employment. The first year calculus requirement can be met with the completion of Math 16 AND one of the Lower Division Stats (2/20/21) with at least a B (or a P for courses taken in Spring 2020, Fall 2020, or Spring 2021).
- Satisfactory performance on the New Tutor Assessment.
Preferred Qualifications for Fall 2021 tutors:
- Concurrent enrollment in or completion of at least one of the following: Math 53, Math 54, Math 55, Stat 134, Stat 2/20/21
- Passion for mathematics/statistics and the learning process
- Desire to grow as a budding professional
- Strong interest in collaborative learning models
- Strong interest in serving the math/stat learning community at Cal
- Willingness to engage in reflective practice
- Experience working with peers from diverse backgrounds and learning styles
Requirements for Fall 2021 Tutors:
- Ability to commit to 5 hours/week (1.5-2 hours of training/week and minimum of 3 hours in Drop-In)
- Attend weekly training (Fridays 9:30-11:00)
*Note: Students may not be employed by the University more than 50% time during the fall or spring semester in any combination of titles. Students may work up to 100% time during the summer and during the winter break.
We are not currently accepting applications for positions with the Math/Stat Program. Please check back later in the Fall 2021 semester for information regarding Spring 2021 position availability.
For additional information about SLC tutor positions, visit here.