Thank you for your interest in joining the SLC Math & Statistics Program! Please expand below to explore opportunities available and submit an application to join us today.
Math and Statistics Tutoring Specifics
- Drop-in Tutor
Fall 2019 Courses Available
- Math 32
- Math 1AB, 16AB
- Math 10A, 10B
- Math 53, 54, 55
- Stat 2, 20, 21, 131
- Stat 134
Qualifications, Responsibilities, and Requirements
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- No more than two “Incomplete” grades
- Not on academic probation
- Completion of first year calculus (Math 1, 10, or 16) or the equivalent (AP, IB, etc.) with at least a B and concurrent enrollment in or completion of at least one of the following: Math 53, Math 54, Math 55, Stat 134, Stat 2/20/21
- Demonstration of math/stat content competency in courses you wish to tutor
- Passion for mathematics/statistics and the learning process
- Desire to grow as a budding professional
- Strong interest in collaborative learning models
- Strong interest in serving the math/stat learning community at Cal
- Willingness to engage in reflective practice
- Experience working with peers from diverse backgrounds and learning styles
- Ability to commit to 5 hours/week (1.5-2 hours of training/week and minimum of 3 hours in Drop-In)
- Attend weekly training (either Thursday 3:30-5pm or Fridays 1:30-3pm)
For position-specific requirements and responsibilities, refer to the respective applications.
*Note: Students may not be employed by the University more than 50% time during the fall or spring semester in any combination of titles. Students may work up to 100% time during the summer and during the winter break.
New Tutor Application (bMail log-in required)
Application Deadline: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until Friday 08/30/2019.