Thank you for your interest in joining the SLC Summer Bridge Ambassador Team! Please expand below to explore opportunities available and submit an application to join us today.
Summer Bridge Ambassadorship Specifics
All positions for the Summer Bridge 2019 ambassadors have been filled— please check back in the Fall for the next Spring listings!
- Positions start at $15.00/hour*
*Note: Students may not be employed by the University more than 50% time during the fall or spring semester in any combination of titles. Students may work up to 100% time during the summer and during the winter break.
- Shape the class of 2023
- Enhance your ability to work collaboratively
- Bolster your ability to communicate and thrive in a multicultural environment
- Expand your social and professional connections
- Become part of a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive service culture
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Past participation in the Summer Bridge program
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Summer Bridge Program goals and objectives
- Commitment to serving students from educationally disadvantaged backgrounds
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated commitment to community service
- Demonstrated interest in ensuring educational access and equity
- Knowledge of K-12 educational disparities
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Customer service experience, specifically in the area of phone banking
Program Requirements for Selected Candidates
- Ability to commit 12hr/wk* during outreach period beginning April 8, 2019 (hours available Mon through Fri between 5PM to 9PM; Sat-Sun 12PM to 5PM)
- Attend training on Fridays 12-2PM* (beginning February 8, 2019)
*Note: Students may not be employed by the University more than 50% time during the fall or spring semester in any combination of titles. Students may work up to 100% time during the summer and during the winter break. Moreover, if study group attendance drops below 4 for two consecutive weeks, study group hours will be converted to drop-in hours.
- Prepare for ambassador training (1-2hrs/wk)
- Represent UC Berkeley and the Summer Bridge Program
- Outreach to freshman admits via phone
- Table at YIELD and other recruitment activities
- Complete requisite number of calls and accurately record call information
- Foster an inclusive and welcoming learning environment
- General Applicant Information
- Short responses
- Submit a complete application
- Candidates who submit a complete application and who satisfy the minimum qualifications and program requirements will be invited for an interview
- Candidates are notified of the results of their applications in writing within one week of their interview
Applications are due no later than Monday, December 3, 2018 at 11:59PM.